ARPAN is an 80G certified and registered trust founded in 2011. It is a CSR group of Infosys Limited, Chandigarh, which is run by its employees. We aim at bringing socio-economic change in the lives of the underprivileged, their families and their communities. About 550 volunteers have been a part of the journey so far with outreach to more than 5000+ lives through our various education, healthcare and sustainability programs.
Our goal is to empower the less privileged to seek social justice by high impact activities that will benefit and influence the society.
WHAT WE DO
ARPAN has been on forefront in fulfilling its obligations towards society since its inception, so its volunteers are actively involved in activities emphasizing on promoting quality healthcare, inclusive education and providing sustainable livelihood opportunities.
Education track is our core area, which reaches out to 2000 + kids in slumsn and Government Schools. It is based on Padhai model, where students are taught as per their knowledge levels rather than teaching them as per their age or school class. We have prepared our own Curricullum and Analsysis Test for kids to provide education to lesser privileged students. Following programs are part of this track:
- Paathshala: In collaboration with education department of chandigarh, Arpan is teaching in 4 Government schools in Chandigarh
- Regular classes for Kids and elders in Shastri Nagar, a slum nearby Sector 26, Chandigarh
- Bridge Program for sponsored kids: Regular 4 days a week classes for kids studying under school education sponsorship program in Shastri Nagar
- Arpan Internship Program: This program gave a chance to the local folks in the role of teacher. Three interns have joined and have taken up responsibility of three classes which covers the basic program of Arpan Education.
- Regular PTMs to strengthen the bond with parents and make them aware about the importance of education
- Mentorship program for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya: A dedicated batch of kids preparing for Navodya entrance examinations
- Preparatory classes for 10th and 12th board exam
- Unnati program: A talent recognition and grooming program for kids to overcome stage fear and attain confidence
- Recreational visits: Co-curricular activities including sports, nature walk, museums and zoo visits organized, leading to the overall development of 400+ kids, including children of Infosys support staff.
HEALTHCARE AND AWARENESS
- Awareness sessions and drives for residents of Shastry Nagar slum addressing issues like Smokeless Kitchens, Dengue/Malaria prevention etc.
- Menstrual hygiene awareness sessions and Sanitary pad distribution drives in schools
- Sponsoring medicines for 20 kids with renal issues in PGI, Chandigarh
- Quarterly Blood donation camps in Infosys Ltd. in collaboration with various government hospitals
- Arpan supports terminally ill patients by providing medicines to Chandigarh Hospice, it is a state run hospital under Red Cross umbrella and Arpan is providing them medicines and any other required support.
- Getting women from Shastri Nagar trained to make jute bags and providing them livelihood opportunities by helping them in the procurement of raw material and setting up point of sales
- Tree plantation drives across the areas in and around Chandigarh