ARPAN is an 80G certified NGO and a CSR group of Infosys Limited, Chandigarh, which is run by its employees. We aim at bringing socio-economic change in the lives of the underprivileged, their families and their communities.
Our goal is to empower the less privileged to seek social justice by high impact activities that will benefit and influence the society.
WHAT WE DO
ARPAN has been on forefront in fulfilling its obligations towards society since its inception, so its volunteers are actively involved in activities emphasizing on promoting quality healthcare, inclusive education and providing sustainable livelihood opportunities.
Our Education track is based on Padhai model, where students are taught as per their knowledge levels rather than teaching them as per their age or school class.
- Regular 3 days a week classes for 400+ Kids and elders in Shastri Nagar, a slum nearby Sector 26, Chandigarh and Government Primary School, Sector 15, Panchkula
- Regular 6 days a week morning classes in Government Model School, Sector 27, Chandigarh
- Regular 4 days a week classes for kids studying under school education sponsorship program in Shastri Nagar
- Regular PTMs to strengthen the bond with parents and make them aware about the importance of education
- Regular 3 days a week classes for elders and parents
- Regular weekend computer classes for kids
- A dedicated batch of kids preparing for Navodya entrance examinations
- Preparatory classes for 10th and 12th board exam
HEALTHCARE AND AWARENESS
- Regular Chaupals (Awareness sessions) and drives on every Sunday for residents of Shastry Nagar addressing issues like Smokeless Kitchens, Dengue/Malaria prevention etc.
- Menstrual hygiene awareness sessions and Sanitary pad distribution drives in schools
- Sponsoring medicines for 20 kids with renal issues in PGI, Chandigarh
- Quarterly Blood donation camps in Infosys Ltd. in collaboration with various government hospitals
- Stem cell donation drives in collaboration with NGO DATRI
- Getting women from Shastri Nagar trained to make jute bags and providing them livelihood opportunities by helping them in the procurement of raw material and setting up point of sales
- Tree plantation drives across the areas in and around Chandigarh