“The state of our nation is only as good as the state of our Health”
Arpan has left its footprints on the path of Healthy Nation with its various initiatives like chaupals, health checkup camps, drives for awareness, distribution of sanitary pads, collaboration with administration and municipal cooperation.
Awareness Session for the people of the Slum
Weekly Chaupals (Awareness sessions) and drives are conducted in slum areas on various issues:
- Chaupals: Weekly Chaupals (meetings) are being conducted in Shastri Nagar to educate and aware the peopleof the Slum on health and hygiene.
- Smokeless Kitchens: Many families in the targeted were using unclean wooden fuel for cooking. Arpan has conducted several drives to spread awareness among the residents about the benefits of LPG usage, resulting in the transition of 15 families to clean LPG
- Drive against Dengue/Malaria: Involved residents in spreading awareness on mosquito borne diseases. Fogging drives were conducted by Chandigarh Municipality on request of Arpan in Shastri Nagar.
- Resolution of water problem: Collaborated with Administration and Sarpanch to resolve the acute water problem in Shastri Nagarby laying one water pipeline in the area.
- Menstrual Hygiene Awareness: 150 Families were surveyed and sensitized on menstrual hygiene. Sanitary Pads distribution / Awareness program in schools and slums are conducted regularly.
- Arpan installed Ashudhinashak (a clay incinerator) in Shastri Nagar for safe disposal of used sanitary pads, which otherwise pose a threat to our environment. The women residing in the area were familiarized with incinerator through videos and demos for 2 weeks. At present, almost 6 families (20 ladies in total) are using Ashudhinashak. This initiative was followed by a pad distribution drive, a skit on the disposal of sanitary pads and usage of an incinerator.
Blood donation camps
Quarterly blood donation camps are organized in Infosys Chandigarh Campus with the help of PGIMER and GMCH Hospitals through which we collected 400 units of blood last year. Along with the blood donation camps, organ donation drive was conducted in which 22 Infoscions came forward and pledged their organs. Over period of past 7 years we have collected 4200 units of blood, saving thousands of lives.
Helping kids fighting Kidney related ailments
Sponsoring Medicine for 20 underprivileged kids who are suffering from Chronic Kidney issues at PGIMER, Chandigarh. By admission of these medicine kids have a chance to get rid of kidney failure.
Support to HOSPICE
Arpan supports terminally ill patients by providing medicines to HOSPICE, it is a staterun hospital under Red Cross umbrella and Arpan is providing them quarterly medicines.